This homemade basil pesto is packed with wholesome and fresh ingredients and can be made in less than 5 minutes! Oh, did I mention it only contains FIVE ingredients?! Don’t believe me? See for yourself!
Fresh basil. Shredded parmesan. Garlic cloves. Raw pine nuts. Extra Virgin Olive Oli (EVOO). 5 ingredients + 5 minutes = this delicious pesto… yes, please!
5 ingredients + 5 minutes = this delicious pesto… yes, please!
Simply add all ingredients to a food processor or blender, add sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste, and combine. When adding salt and pepper to taste, I suggest using a 1:2 salt to pepper ratio; use twice as much pepper as salt.
There are limitless options for what you can pair this pesto with! A few of my favorites are to mix it into cooked quinoa, mix into noodles (regular noodles, zoodles, sweet potato noodles, etc.), spread on sandwiches, put a dollop inside a stuffed sweet potato, toss it with mixed veggies, smear on top of salmon before baking, stuff it in chicken breasts, mix in with mashed potatoes, sprinkle on salad… the list goes on and on!
I’d love to hear how you put this recipe to use! Comment below to let me know!
- • 4 oz. fresh basil
- • 4 garlic cloves
- • 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- • 3 TBS raw pine nuts
- • 1/4 cup + 1 TBS EVOO
- • Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste (1:2 ratio)
- • Pull basil leaves off the stems and add into a food processor or blender and add garlic cloves, shredded parmesan, pine nuts, and EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- • Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper using a 1:2 ratio with salt and pepper; use twice as much pepper as salt
- • Blend contents together in food processor or blender until well blended. Use a spatula to scrape the sides down to ensure all ingredients are completely combined.
- • Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. EVOO may separate in fridge- this is completely normal! Simply stir contents before reusing to bring your pesto back to life!