Everyone has their favorite “go-to” recipes when they’re not quite sure what to make. Today I’m going to share one of mine. My Favorite Zucchini Noodle Recipe can be made in less than 20 minutes and served with any kind of fish or meat.
I feel like I say this a lot, but this recipe is SUPER easy to make. If you’re just starting to learn how to cook, this is the recipe for you! After making this a couple of times, you won’t even need to look at the recipe, I promise!
If you don’t have a spiralizer, go and get one… NOW! A Spiralizer is an excellent tool to have in your kitchen… and an inexpensive one as well! If you do a little searching (gotta love Amazon Prime) you should be able to find a great spiralizer for about $40 or less. I absolutely LOVE using my spiralizer and can’t wait to share all of my spiraled creations with you! For those of you who were wondering, these Zucchini Noodles, or “zoodles”, were the first thing I made when I got mine!
I always keep the “key” ingredients of sun dried tomatoes, basil pesto, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper fully stocked so I can whip this up when I’m not quite sure “what to make to go with XYZ”. These Zucchini Noodles are the perfect base for any type of fish, chicken, meatball, veggie meatball, etc. The options are endless, and this is why its one of my favorites!
Simply spiralize your unpeeled zucchinis. NOTE: I like to bad the excess water out of mu zoodles by wrapping them in a paper towel before cooking. This will prevent excess water/juices from collecting in your skillet.
Heat EVOO in a skillet and add in your zoodles. Season zoodles with salt, pepper, paprika, and lemon juice and cook for about 5-7 minutes on medium low heat. When zoodles begin to become soft and translucent add in your sun dried tomatoes and basil pesto. Stir on low heat for a few minutes until everything (especially basil pesto) is well combined.
When ready, remove from heat, top with fish, meat, or veggie meatball of your choice and voila, dinner is served! Now sit back, relax, and enjoy!
- • 3 medium zucchinis, spirlalized
- • 1/2 TBS EVOO
- • 1.5 TBS Fresh lemon juice
- • Pinch of red pepper flakes
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- • 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- • 2 TBS homemade basil pesto
- • In a large non-stick skillet heat EVOO over medium heat. Add spiralized zucchinis to skillet, stirring so that zoodles are evenly coated with EVOO.
- • Season zoodles with fresh lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and peper and let simmer on
- medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- • When zoodles become translucent reduce to low heat and stir in sundried tomatoes and basil pesto. Continue to stir until basil pesto is well combined then remove from heat, top with your favorite meat or fish and enjoy!
- After spiralizing zoodles, wrap them in a paper towel to absorb excess water before cooking.